Saturday 3 December 2011

Smoking Pot in Korea



As the presenter mentioned, marijuana is actually much less hazardous to the body than cigarettes or strong liquor and personally, I find the attitude that "if it is illegal, it should be illegal" completely senseless and self-defeating- which seems to be the case here. I, for one, believe mature adults should have the right to put whatever they want into their bodies- and to pay the consequences, in a way it’s quite same as euthanasia.

However, I do not trumpet this opinion in Korea, nor do I lecture my friends here. If asked, I simply explain the difference between cultures and what is considered acceptable, despite its questionable legality.

In my opinion, between the risks and penalties and the way Koreans think about drug use, combined with the way drug use is so often associated with foreigners, it just isn't worth it to use drugs while you're in Korea. Don't do it, don't look for it, just stay out of that mess. I've actually met people who came to Korea to successfully clean up, and get off the ganja, and they succeeded. Korea's good for that. Korea's not a good place to get high, unless your drug preference is either alcohol, or really spicy food. Pot is a big problem here, and if someone resents that marijuana is legally or practically decriminalized in most parts of Europe and especially in the Netherlands, but it's still very illegal here, then it’s better to smoke it when you go to places like Glasgow, Liverpool, Amsterdam, or Berlin.

I respect the laws of Korea as an exchange student. I would expect the same of Koreans living in other countries.

2 comments:

  1. I also think that we, mature adults, have a right to do whatever we want unless doing something is harmful to others. But I also think that we have a duty to follow the laws of our nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VICTORIA FINANCIER HELP MY FAMILY WITH LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE with victoriafinancier@outlook.com

      VICTORIA FINANCIER COMPANY, offers all kind of loan, ranging from $5,000 USD to $100,000,000.00USD Max. if you need a loan amount quickly write to her Email now with ( victoriafinancier@outlook.com) .
      She helped me when i was so much in need of money. I lost my job. i and my kids were almost evicted from our house. I seeks assistance from all the people that i know but i could not even get drugs for my child. I also develop brain tumor as a result of stress and excess thinking. In my messed life, i look online for assistance there i found Mrs Victoria Financier Loan Lending company. I read how she always help different people from different countries. I urgently contact her, explain my situations to her same day and then i ask for any assistance that can give because i don't want my kids trow out to street; She advised me to get a loan amount with long term of 10years. I follow her advice, insure my loan amount of $18,000.00USD that i borrowed. The funds was sent into my bank account 4 days of contacting her and she also send the transfer confirmation slip to me and my bank gave me the money in full when i went to withdraw. Victoria Financier service is so amazing. I recommend Victoria Financier Lending Company to you, contact her today and be patient with to assist you because lot's of person contact her daily for assistance. She will help you urgently. Her Email is: victoriafinancier@outlook.com

      *Full Name:_________

      *Address:_________

      *Tell:_________

      *loan amount:_________

      *Loan duration:_________

      *Country:_________

      *Purpose of loan:_________

      *Monthly Income:__________

      *Occupation__________

      *Next of kin:_________

      *Email :_________

      Delete